Purpose of this Writing...
The purpose of this writing is in response to the Lord Who said to me, "Bring the reality of My Presence to My people". I believe also that I am one among many others that has been given this assignment as part of our calling. At the same time I do know that this does not cover everything that is to be revealed concerning the wonders of the Presence of the Spirit of God. I am only giving a portion in part through this writing. The following is a copy of the booklet, first printed in 1993, that follows the communion of the Presence of God in the beginning with man in the Garden, the subsequent separation of that relationship, to the present time of our restoration to relationship with the Presence of the Holy Spirit in Christ! I have written this to encourage you into a personal relationship and knowledge that in His Presence there is fullness of joy!Gary S Brooks, Apostle, TH.D
First Printed in 1993
Luke 17:20-21 (KJV)
20. And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
21. Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
Most certainly the Master was not saying that the Kingdom of God was in the Pharisees! He was saying, however, that the Kingdom of God was within (among, in the midst of) them. The word kingdom in this passage is interpreted from the Greek word asileia which means ROYALTY. The word basileia is derived from the Greek word basileus which means THE FOUNDATION OF POWER, A SOVEREIGN KING. The One who truly is the Kingdom and Power and the Glory, was indeed in the midst of them.
The Person of our Lord Jesus Christ reveals and demonstrates the Kingdom of God and the Kingdom is manifested through our lives and in our midst as King Jesus rules in us and we live in THE SECRET OF HIS PRESENCE.
His Presence in the Garden
Genesis 3:8 (KJV)
8. And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife HID THEMSELVES FROM THE PRESENCE OF THE LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.
The Lord’s Presence was in the garden of Eden in the beginning with Adam and Eve. They had disobeyed God's word to not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil and were attempting to secretly conceal their lives from Him, but to no avail. Are we not reminded of David the psalmist saying, "Whither shall I flee from thy Presence?". Nevertheless Adam and his wife were sent forth from the garden for their transgression, being separated from their relationship with the Presence of the Lord. p class="style1">Now the word presence in the Hebrew language is paneh which means THE FACE. Exodus 33:11 tells us the Lord spoke unto Moses face to face, as a man speaks unto his friend. In 2 Corinthians 4:6 we read that the glory of God is in the FACE OF JESUS CHRIST. The Lord longs for us to have a face to Face, presence to Presence love relationship with Him in Christ. That is why Adam (man) was created, for communion with God in His Presence, fulfilling the Father's desire of fellowship with sons and daughters in His own image.
Now Jesus has promised, lo, I am with you always, and again, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. His name is also interpreted Emmanuel, meaning GOD WITH US. He has also said in the gospel of Matthew 18:20, For where two or three are gathered together in My name, THERE AM I IN THE MIDST OF THEM. Zephaniah 3:17 says, "The Lord thy God IN THE MIDST OF THEE is mighty; He will save, He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing". The writer of the letter to the Hebrews (2:12) quotes a prophetic utterance of Psalms 22:22 in which the Lord declares, "I will declare Thy name unto my brethren, IN THE MIDST OF THE CHURCH will I sing praise unto Thee.
Undeniably, Christ is in us as the hope of glory, but He yearns for His place with us and among us, in the midst of the congregation. He also desires for us to be with Him where He is, now, and behold His glory. We with Him in His Presence and He in ours.
The Angel of His Presence
Isaiah 63:9-11, 14 (KJV)
9. In all their affliction he was afflicted, and THE ANGEL OF HIS PRESENCE saved them: in his love and in his pity he redeemed them; and he bare them, and carried them all the days of old. br /> 10. But they rebelled, and vexed his HOLY SPIRIT: therefore he was turned to be their enemy, and he fought against them.
11. Then he remembered the days of old, Moses, and his people, saying, Where is he that brought them up out of the sea with the shepherd of his flock? where is he that put his HOLY SPIRIT within him?
14. As a beast goeth down into the valley, THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD caused him to rest: so didst thou lead thy people, to make thyself a glorious name. According to the previous scriptures, the Angel of His Presence is the HOLY SPIRIT.
His Presence is not just a "good feeling", it’s because He is present, in person, that He is tangible. John 4:24 tells us that God is Spirit. Therefore, being established already that God is with us, then He is with us by the expression of, and in the Person of the Holy Spirit.
In John chapter 14, Jesus told His followers that He was going away to our Father, but He said, I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. He told them that the Father would send the HOLY GHOST in His Name. On the day of Pentecost the Holy Ghost came as the Comforter, just as Jesus said. Another name given to the Holy Spirit is the SPIRIT OF CHRIST. The Lord Jesus Christ is indeed in our midst in the Person of the Holy Spirit. Everything that Jesus was to His disciples, the Holy Spirit is to us today!
Faultless Before His Presence
Jude 1:24-25 (KJV)
24. Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you FAULTLESS BEFORE THE PRESENCE OF HIS GLORY with exceeding joy,
25. To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and for ever. Amen.
In Hebrews 9:24 we read that Jesus Christ has entered heaven itself, now TO APPEAR IN THE PRESENCE OF GOD FOR US. Colossians 3:3-4 tells us we are dead, and our life is hid with (within) Christ in God. Christ is appearing NOW IN THE PRESENCE OF GOD, and because it is in Him that we live and move and have our being, then WE LIVE AND MOVE AND HAVE OUR BEING IN THE PRESENCE OF THE LORD.
To be faultless is not dependent upon our own righteousness, meaning our own right ways and actions. To be righteous is based only upon the righteousness of Jesus Christ. For He Who knew no sin became sin for us that we might be made the righteousness of God in Christ. To be faultless is based solely upon the redeeming blood of Christ which, as we walk in the light as He is in the light, continually cleanses us from all sin. His righteousness in us will eventually produce His right ways and actions through our lives.
We are faultless in the eyes of God because the Faultless One abides in us. We are righteous in His eyes because the Righteous One dwells in us. His eyes are upon us and what He sees is His Son, in Whom He is well pleased.
To be without fault is to be unblemished. Jesus is the Lamb of God that was without blemish (Ex. 12:5, 1Pet. 1:19). In Rev. 14:4-5 we read of those that follow the Lamb wherever He goes, and they are FAULTLESS BEFORE THE THRONE OF GOD, and the throne is the place of His Presence. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace knowing that, in Christ, we have been found faultless and understanding that it gives the Lord exceeding joy to present us unto Himself without blemish before the Presence of His Glory!
The Upright Shall Dwell in Thy Presence
Psalms 140:13 (KJV)
13. Surely the righteous shall give thanks unto thy name: the upright shall DWELL IN THY PRESENCE.
The word upright speaks of a walk of a straight way, or a right, pleasant and prosperous way. This is the way of righteousness. This is the path of life. Psalms 16:11 says, "Thou wilt shew me the path of life: IN THY PRESENCE IS FULNESS OF JOY; at Thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore. As we walk in Christ, in the path of life, we shall live and abide in His Presence. If we walk after the Spirit, then we will be led by the Spirit. If we are being led by the Spirit it is because we are in His Presence!
Exodus 13:21 KJV
21. And the LORD went before them by day in a PILLAR OF A CLOUD, TO LEAD THEM the way; and by night in A PILLAR OF FIRE, TO GIVE THEM LIGHT; to go by day and night:
We also have the promise of God, according to His word, to be led by His Presence and therefore be dwelling in His Presence. For as many as have received Christ have been given power to become the sons of God by believing on His Name (John 1:12). And the sons of God can be led and are willingly led by His Spirit! For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God (Romans 8:14). The Holy Spirit will lead us in His Presence and give light to our understanding.
Thank you Lord for Your wonderful Presence!
Psalms 31:19-20 (KJV)
19. Oh how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee; which thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee before the sons of men!
20. Thou shalt hide them in THE SECRET OF THY PRESENCE from the pride of man: thou shalt keep them secretly in a pavilion from the strife of tongues.
The word secret in the Hebrew language is cithrah which means; a hiding place, a SECRET PLACE.
Psalms 91:1-2 (KJV)
1. He that DWELLETH in the SECRET PLACE of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
The secret place of the Most High is abiding, in Christ, in the Presence of the Lord! And the secret of the Lord is with them that fear Him. The Angel of His Presence is the Person of the Holy Spirit. And the Kingdom of God is in the Holy Spirit!
Romans 14:17 (KJV)
17. For THE KINGDOM OF GOD is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy IN THE HOLY GHOST.
The Kingdom of God is truly manifested through our lives and in our midst in righteousness, in peace, and in joy as the King of Glory reigns in us and we live IN THE SECRET OF HIS PRESENCE.
This is THE GENERATION THAT SEEKS HIS FACE. So let us lift up our heads, and open the gates and doors, and THE KING OF GLORY SHALL COME INTO OUR MIDST!
So in conclusion, let us set our hearts today to seek the Presence of the Holy Spirit. For if we search for Him with all of our hearts He will be found of us. He longs for a personal relationship with you, with His arms wide open, and with His heart full of love and mercy.
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and THE COMMUNION OF THE HOLY GHOST, BE WITH US ALL.